Monday, September 16, 2013

Going on Seventeen


It's an hour until my birthday, and I'm kind of freaking out.

I'm young for my age (turning 17 and I'm a senior) and I'm a little freaked out about getting older. 17 is a big age: 1. it's my golden birthday and 2. it means I can do a lot of things like see a rated R movie and buy M for mature games.
I'm not sure how I feel about that.
I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up those days sneaking into R movies by buying a ticket to another movie, or having my mom buy all of my video games for me.
It's a weird feeling.
I always thought of sixteen as the perfect age; you get a taste of freedom while still having restrictions. You have this whole world in front of your newly licensed eyes. I feel like I'm missing that wonder. My birthday just doesn't feel as special. But then again, I have a tendency to romanticize the past. 
But basically I'm just sitting here working on my World Religions homework, watching Sherlock, and thinking about life while I wait for my hair to dry. Hmph, maybe I'm just a little scared of getting older. Don't get me wrong, however, I am extremely excited. Just nervous. And I like my birthday because it's a chance to start new. 

Megan 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment